Just an Update, still reading a book a week. I'm a little behind, but the books are listed on the page for ABAW 2012.
I've also been creating one piece of art per week in a little journal I created using index cards. I decorated the index dividers and hole punched the whole thing into a cute book (see below). And I journal on the back.
I noticed that I had been creating increasingly darker, screaming-out-for-help images about my job. Finally, I found this image of a bombed out area and used a label maker to write 'Productivity' - this goal that I am supposed to be striving for. I had decided no more.
Another image I created the week we were trying to get the seller to approve our offer. My husband was a hero that week, going all over to solve every problem that came up. Me, I was a mess of insecurities, fears, and ambivalence. When I look at that card, I remember his efforts as solitary. I know I wasn't helpful. I was scattered and confused like the birds. And I still sit with my ambivalence now.
I hope you can see the images - dunno how to turn them on my Blogger app on my phone. I am very behind in the journal as well - I have pages with little notes scratched on the back. But not until I pull out those images do I really see what has been going on inside.



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are awesome.