Tuesday, August 26, 2008

6 Unspectacular Quirks

Several weeks ago, I was tagged to write up my 6 unspectacular quirks. This is surprisingly difficult because I don't really know what a "quirk" is, but here goes!

1. I love astrology. I used to be really into it when I was a teenager, but bits and pieces still stay with me. For example, I always remember birthdays because I always remember astrological signs. I'm fascinated by it. I take it with a big dose of salt now, but it still sneaks in.

2. Some hands freak me out. Like, when I see certain hands, they give me the heebie jeebies. I won't go into detail because I'm aware its weird. Email me if you think your hands are questionable.

3. I enjoy getting really into a topic, researching it like crazy, and then moving on to a new one. Not in a small way, like "oh I really like gardening" but in an "I am studying to be a horticultural expert" kind of way. Things I've studied along the way (list not exhaustive): astrology, aromatherapy, fabric arts, clothing design, knitting, graphic design, law, information technology, and of course, cupcakes. Everything I do is sorta like this: I jump into a topic/subject/issue, figure out all I can about it, sort it out in my head, and then I'm done.

4. Along with #3, I constantly start things and don't finish them. I have a hundred ideas that go nowhere fast (but wow, they were breathtaking ideas!). Things I've started and not finished: the quilt, an aromatherapy business, a tshirt design business, an orchard picture for my brother, multiple scarves, several book ideas and all weight loss plans. I think anything that is a result of #3 is automatically doomed.

5. I'm obsessed with apocalyptic movies and books. Anything where the world ends - zombies, massive weather changes, volcanoes - I am there. I also spend an inordinate amount of thought on "what if" scenarios. Like today I decided that if we had to loot a grocery store, we should grab all the dry beans we can. Although I just realized we would need untainted water to soak them in. Hmm.

6. I'm a stasher. I blame this on being a Cancer. There is money hidden in various forms in various locations all over my life. I also stock food (beans for the zombie attack), toiletries, craft supplies. I don't know how having $20 bills stashed in my underwear is helpful, when it could make 3% interest in one of my savings accounts, but it makes me feel better.

1 comment:

  1. I was not aware of the "hand heebie jeebies" quirk...That is...interesting...

    :-)

    And I think #3 is just great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails