Sunday, September 5, 2010

punking out: a manifesto

I've really neglected this blog, and I've been searching for a way to revive things and get it going again. 

I recently read one of those "10 things to do to be a better blogger" posts, and chafed at the suggestions.  I've been realizing that a big part of me has a problem with blogging in general.  I don't care for the ads, or the lists of things garnished from other blogs, or having to run around and comment for the sake of commenting just to have people come over and comment back.  It feels like business with a sprinkle of b.s.  I'm not on facebook and I don't twitter.  I can't imagine the time it takes to manage all of that.  I comment when I really like something.  And I mean it.

I'm also being fourth grade style lame:  I want people to read me and like me but I'm afraid of being me, whoever that is.  I'm also mega-frustrated with life and am tired of writing about the same things and being nowhere closer to achieving them.  But I do like thinking, and writing, and taking a photo and having somewhere to put it.  It helps me to synthesize my thoughts, so thank you for reading them. 

I originally started this to just do that, to serve as a place to post the process of my 900 projects that never get finished.  Plus, I am bored with looking at the same page.  So I updated it. 

But I'm still frustrated:
  • I want to figure out how to reply to a comment.
  • I want you to comment.  I love it, and so that's why I want to figure out how to reply to your comments.
  • I want a fancy camera (and a bike, and a house).  I want to challenge myself to take and edit better photos. 
  • I want to practice writing.
  • I want to put a list of blogs I read somewhere on this website.
  • I want to decide if using google reader keeps me away from visiting websites. 
  • I want my husband to read one damn blog post.
  • And I think I better do another challenge to keep me posting. 

4 comments:

  1. @Anonymous
    This is a reply to the test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. On so very many things that you posted about.
    (even though I'm on it, I'm not a fan of Facebook or twitter. I actually wish those things weren't such a big part of blogging culture, and am trying to cut back...)
    And the comment system through blogger is ridiculous!
    And google reader? I love it. I do spend less time surfing websites, though I still bounce from blog to blog pretty often...
    (if you need help with anything, by all means, email me! Or if you just want to throw out some ideas or vent about blogging... I still have a love hate relationship with it all!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Corinne
    Thanks for the offer! I'm trying out this commenting system modification, hopefully it will help!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails