Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Changes to come...

I have been feeling for awhile that something is about to change.  I could guess as to what it might be, as several things are in the works, big monumental things.  A house, a family, maybe a job change.  Even my horoscope agrees.  Today I saw a rainbow that solidified my belief, and gave me a great deal of peace over things that have been confusing and scary. 

These past few days have been especially difficult.  Our entire area was under a boil water order due to a broken water main.  It continues to come as a surprise at how many things we needed that water for.  Laundry was completed during visits to open houses outside of the zone, and dishes piled up, and piled up and piled up.  For some reason this whole thing made us very agitated, but the truth is, the agitation has been growing anyway.  Every weekend we've been going to open houses, finding scary basements and even scarier mortgage payments; struggling with the concept of "home" and not finding it anywhere.  We've both been frustrated at work, wanting more and working hard, but mainly just holding steady.  We are faced with having to make it work, all by our little selves.  Yikes.  Something had to give, right? 

I've noticed that when things need to give, they tend to give way via water.  For me, water brings change.  A water main break asks us to consider our daily tasks and challenges us to do them in a different way.  Big sweeping storms clear the air in fireworks and bangs, and leave us to breathe more deeply and think more clearly.  Something is about to shift, I am hopeful and watchful. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails