Monday, July 5, 2010

Bolts and Fabric

I have a strange issue with bolts.  Meaning, I seem to like to drive right over them and end up puncturing tires in the process.  I have fantastic aim.

The first time, I was driving back from a home visit in Dorchester.  I heard the clunk and kept driving like a loon because there was no way I was going to break down in Dorchester.  The second one I hit at eighty mph returning from NY to MA.  Oops.  We pulled over to the side of the highway (holy jeez, the scariest thing ever), switched drivers and headed to the next rest stop.  My husband put on our skinny little donut in the evil New-England-goes-desert heat and we drove 50 mph on the highway until we could finally pull off an exit.  Many thanks to all the people who had to swerve around us.  I documented it all for posterity ("this is so going on my blog!") and my husband gets the new tires we were arguing about earlier today.



*     *     *     *     *
And I thought I'd confess that I've had a remission in my fabric addiction.  Damn Joann's had a 50% sale and I had the bright idea to start a little mini quilt for a one-day-maybe-baby.  So then I had to dig into the art closet and see what else I have...sigh, its a lot.  Tossing around and then rejecting including yellows because then I want to include oranges and reds.  I want to keep the colors calm and gentle.  I may even weed out some of the darker colors.  The quilt will be all 2x2 or 3x3 squares, probably a muslin backing and no clue for the binding.  We'll see if it gets beyond this post first.

I'm working on the last bootcamp post...I have some ideas but none seem to work out.  I don't know why I can't seem to end bootcamp.  And I really want to get going on the Sunday prompts.  Plus, I have an idea related to a scavenger hunt my friends and I are doing...and some new art materials I picked up...and some books I got for my birthday...

1 comment:

  1. I love fabric! I've made quilts... but don't like the process... but I love fabric :)

    And the bolts! Oh that's awful.... and scary!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails