I've started to make some minor changes to my blog, and hope for bigger ones soon. Its past time to pretty it up, and I'd like to make the site more welcoming to those of you who are kind enough to stop in. As always, thank you.
Enough about me, more about this great photography follow along! Good to Wow is an online community in which two gifted and generous bloggers provide tutorials on improving our photography skills both in the camera (SOOC) and in digital editing programs. Every week, they offer suggestions for prompts - this week is Growth. I am sharing two SOOC options this week for growth...Seems like just the right word to describe how I'm feeling now. Something's coming up, about to bloom, but I'm not quite sure what it will be...By the end of the week, I'll post my edited images.
I am having some trouble with my out of the camera shots - my camera is systematically overexposing my images. I've figured out where the settings are in my camera to change them, but I have to sit down with the manual. Anyone has any tips? I use a Canon Rebel T1i.


I love the composition on both of your shots! I'm excited to see your edits :)
ReplyDeleteThese are great! I particularly like the second one.
ReplyDeleteOh, nice detail on the 2nd shot.
ReplyDeleteI don't shoot w/ a canon (Nikon, here! :) ). As far as systematically overexposing -- do you shoot in M or in one of the semi-automatics? If semi-automatic, you might check your exposure compensation. Some cameras (like my canon p&s) I always have it slightly underexposed to get "normal exposure". I think you just need to play around w/ it and see what's a "normal" exposure to you (does the light meter always look over/under exposed?) and go with it! :) Good luck!