A long time ago, I posted that I was looking for a job and then dropped off the face of the earth. I owe you all an explanation. I did find a job and have been immersed in it for about six months now, which is the main reason for blog silence. Working is good, making money and paying my student loans is better. And, added bonus, I have a lot of good stories to tell.I am working as a mental health counselor at a community mental health clinic (meaning we see Everybody and Anybody), and am both learning and stressing a lot. But it has come to my attention that I have completely neglected my artistic side, which for me is akin to letting a piece of me die. Horrifying, I know. Especially since my mental health training is based on using arts as therapy, with the idea that art is essential for well being. I am so not practicing what I am preaching.
If the inside of my art closet is any indication for the inside of my brain, well, things are a total mess. I spent the weekend cleaning up the closet so I can actually get to some of my supplies. I have a ton of projects unfinished (quilt, knitting, who knows what else), and loads of unused supplies. My biggest frustration now is having a place to spread out, make a mess, and really snuggle into a project. But I am recommitting to making art. There is no better way to process my work, and to plan for where I want to go next. Stay tuned.
BRAVO! Are you back, huh, stronger than ever? :-)
ReplyDelete