Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Creative Bootcamp: Day Ten - Full-Bodied

*     *     *     *

I did terribly at the journal prompt today.  I was only dimly aware that it was stunningly beautiful outside, felt an ache to run away to the ocean, and then returned to my pile of paperwork.

I've started doing a mindfulness journaling exercise with my clients to become more aware of the senses.  I pulled it from the Crafter's Devotional.  On a routine basis, jot down the following:
I see...watercolors, a cup of water with a paintbrush still in it, my camera and this laptop, my feet on the table and the TV on
I hear...my new CD, A Fine Frenzy, a soft female voice "I built myself a castle on the beach, Watching as it slid into the sea, The world carries on without you, But nothing remains the same"
I taste...lime seltzer
I smell...that smell that is only one's own home
I feel...my sweatshirt, big and too warm but I needed something snuggly
I intuit...that something is changing
I wonder...if we will stop fighting

2 comments:

  1. I've so enjoyed looking at all of the day's posts you have done. Your artwork is that fabulous work is wonderful. I'm glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your altered book is amazing! beautiful paintings, all of them. very unique idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails