I came home one night from work hurting. Not so much a hard day, it was just a day, with all the typical hard things I have to do, hear and take in.
In one area of my life, I am working on being more open, in touch with my feelings. As I left work, I remembered sitting in yoga last week, and hearing the teacher say that the area we worked on (hips, I think) could cause a flood of emotions to come to the surface. I did good work during that class. I left feeling fine, and although I have felt more vulnerable leaving other classes, I didn't this time. I realized that it took a week before those feelings came to surface.
And so I came home and blindly reached for a book to escape from the heaviness and intensity of my feelings. This one fit just right, as if I was one of the characters doing exactly the same thing. The book is smooth, descriptive, and luscious, and I slipped easily into the layers of stories, each with happy endings.
I think I need a lot more happy endings.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are awesome.