On a winter Sunday I go to clear away the snow and green the ground below
April, all an ocean away. Is this the better way to spend the day? Keeping the winter at bay
What were the words I meant to say before you left?
When I could see your breath lead where you were going to
Maybe I should just let it be and maybe it will all come back to me
During the month of December (and in my typical style, overflowing into January), I followed along with daily prompts through reverb10. Each prompt was aimed to stimulate your reflection over the past year, and to set goals for the new. The folks at reverb are sending out monthly prompts to keep the thinking going.
February's Prompt is:
One month into 2011, what question(s) are you living? Are there any prompts/questions that arose during #reverb10 that are still resonating in your life? Are you living new questions?
I realized that even though I followed through all of the daily prompts, I hadn't been quite as specific as I meant to be in setting goals. I will say that going through the prompts made it possible for me to move firmly into this new year. And I like the way things are going. I've set aside a lot of things that were very bothersome during the year, and am more and more focused on now, the present, and me. With pride, I share that this is the first year of my life (or at least my life in Boston) that I have not felt like I was going to die midway through winter from seasonal depression. And I am trying on what it means to be an artist and an art therapist while feeling stronger and more centered in my body and thoughts.
I still think about the idea that we each have a Core Story: this blog has served as a way to start bringing all these lose pieces together and I'm really starting to feel like a more unified, cohesive whole instead of my scattered, jack-of-all-trades, directionless self.
Also Achieve: I secretly set the goal of having twenty kind readers follow me and when I checked today, I had sixteen. Sixteen! You all rock! Thank you for taking a risk, and a minute on me. I appreciate it more than I could ever express.
I still think about if I made a mistake about not taking the job. I worry that I chose the right One Word. That is just me, I worry. And finally, I was really taken by the tool, New Years Goal Questions for No Goals Creatives, which ultimately asks what does your best self yearn to do, what is your best self called to do? I'm still trying to hear the answer to that question. Maybe if I could get past all the worry and just be.
My question now is:
How do I incorporate as much art into my life as possible, and how do I share it?
I am following intuition a lot lately, following signs, taking cues from the universe. If I can fit it in, I will try to. But I recognize that I will be taking a new risk soon, and I wonder how to prepare for it, whatever it is! Thank you for reading and viewing.
How I lived a childhood in snow and all my teens in tow, stuffed in strata of clothes
Pale the winter days after dark, wandering the gray memorial park, a fleeting beating of hearts
What were the words I meant to say before she left?
When I could see her breath lead where she was going to
Maybe I should just let it be and maybe it will all come back to me
What were the words I meant to say before she left?
When I could see her breath lead where she was going to
Maybe I should just let it be and maybe it will all come back to me







Stunning shots!!
ReplyDelete