During the month of February, I made the commitment to make one piece of art a day. (The other part of the commitment was to post it but I couldn't get that part done in time!) I finally finished scanning and posting all of the images, and would very much like to share them.
To the left is the card for February 28th, but I didn't make it until yesterday. I didn't want to end, and I didn't know how to encapsulate how this project made me feel. And I found this surprising: many nights I didn't want to sit and make a card, or cards would back up, waiting to be finished. I thought I would be glad to be done.
But this project has helped me to shake myself out of the day-to-day grind that I was stuck in, especially at work. I had to start looking and paying attention, instead of covering my eyes and running blindly through my day. I had to stop and pick up images or sort through my thoughts that would make it to the day's card. Unusual for me, I was okay with letting things be what they were and I was uniformly pleased with the results. I began to see patterns in my art making and journaling that I don't quite understand: symbols of tsunamis, noticing that my writing started to lag behind the wiser image. And it seems that the project isn't quite done yet: I have to link the images together somehow. I may not know what the project needs to be complete for many months.
Beyond that, I have this feeling that this project will take me to new places in my art making and journaling, I just don't know how or where. I just know I have to keep going and trust the process.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are awesome.