Sunday, March 6, 2011

Walking In This World: Week One

It has been a slow start to Walking in this World...I suppose that's the Universe telling me to slow down and shift gears.  Walking in this World is an online, 12 Week journaling journey, guided by the framework from the book of the same name written by Julia Cameron.  I am still waiting on my copy:  Amazon is taking its good ol' time shipping out my book (and some new CDs!).  I've just been making room for the journaling, and finishing up last month's projects.  Here is this week's check in...


1. How many days this week did you do your Morning Pages?

Morning Pages are meant to be done in the morning.  Hmf.  So I set my alarm early on the first day, and slept through the whole thing (that's a lie - I got up, turned it off and returned to bed).  I silently berated myself all morning and on my way to work, where I learned that my first client had canceled.  I started to in turn curse that person, and then I switched and offered them a silent thank you. 

For the next thirty minutes, I grabbed a plain pad of paper, sat down and wrote.  I struggled.  I felt like I should be working (even though I came in an hour early that day just to meet with that person, and this hour was technically my hour).  I wondered why I was doing this, I thought about my next client and confronted my feelings about that person.  And I decided that Morning Pages could just as easily be Evening Pages, and so they have become.  I have done them faithfully every night. 

2. Did you do your Artist’s Date this week?

Yes.  Every weekend I make time for some sort of art making.  This weekend, I finished up my February project, prepped my journal for more art journaling, tracked down some photos and took some more.  I'd like to take this further:  getting together with other people to make art, going to a museum or three (and these dates are supposed to be by yourself, but I might cheat and go with my fella), something else to take this time to a new level...

3. Did you do your Weekly Walk?

I had to do a compromise here, but I promise to try to find a way to do both.  This weekend, I chose to use my time to go running outside.  It was so warm (50 degrees!), it was a simple, sheer pleasure.  Ideal would be scheduling in a walk during the week at work...

1 comment:

  1. Just a little shout out from a fellow "walker" in this world. Beautiful blog you have here. Looking forward to interacting in the workshop and exploring more of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails