This week's prompt: Red.
Found while wandering around my neighborhood taking photos. Right before this one, I was taking photos of a door with my husband yelling "He's watching you! Keep moving!" Real subtle.
Which makes me think about how difficult it is to take photos in the city. Every time I saw something I wanted to capture, I realized that someone's private space was inches away, or that someone was watching me and trying to determine what I was up to. Something I didn't quite realize when moving to the city, that private and public space are so much closer together. So we take great pains to protect the private, and often use public space to extend our private space.
I prefer taking photos while wandering. I love taking photos of cities. Often I feel uncomfortable, and a bit dweeby. But I think taking these photos is a necessity.

I LOVE THIS SHOT!!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch an interesting shot. And yes it is getting more difficult to just go and take shots out in public. Thanks 9-11
ReplyDeleteI've often felt like a voyeur. It would be so much easier if I wore a fedora with a Press Photographer! sign in it. Then at least I would feel like I really COULD be taking photos. Of course, that just raises the dweeby level much to high. ;)
ReplyDeleteGreat shot, by the way.
nicely done! and I love your header photo!
ReplyDeleteNicely done!
ReplyDeleteI live in the country - never thought of the difficulty of taking photos in the city!