![]() |
| SOOC ISO 400 f/13 1/80 55mm |
First order of business, I bought it a good bag, which I highly recommend: Lowepro Passport Sling.
I wanted a camera bag that looks less like a purse that a camera bag, but I can not afford those gorgeous leather handbags/camerabags. The Lowepro is super low profile and affordable. It keeps the camera plus an extra lens in a cushioned spot, and has pockets on the outside (which I will put in Velcro tabs to better protect those contents). Inside the bag is a huge space that fits a moleskin notebook and a wallet plus much more. You can unzip the side and expand the bag further if needed. The bag is easily maneuvered to grab or put away the camera. I took it out this weekend, and was really pleased by the ease and low profile of it.
![]() |
| SOOC ISO 400 f/13 1/200 27mm |
So with the breaking part minimized, I am now attempting to learn how to use this beautiful thing. I took photography in college, but I don't remember f stops and apertures and depth of field. Plus, digital processing feels so different than film. And, a confession: I always faked my way through photography, messing with stuff until it looked like something. My goal is to learn it right.
I've been reading as many photography blogs as I can find, and am thrilled to report that I am joining this awesome follow along called Shoot and Edit. These ladies are so incredibly talented, so I can't wait to learn anything I can:
The way this works is that by Thursday, we are to post a SOOC (straight out of the camera) shot. They will teach us magical photoshop incantations and hopefully turn our photos into amazing images, which I will post here. Already I've learned all these great things about taking photos of the snow and sorta how to use my white balance meter (I need work on that one). Thank you already!
![]() |
| SOOC ISO 400 f/13 1/15 55mm |




Gorgeous! Can't wait to see your edit! xo
ReplyDeletewell - i'm applauding your beautiful job. your sooc shots are great!
ReplyDeletethank you for joining us and i look forward to watching you grow in all things photography this year with us!
blessings,
jill
Congrats on your new toy! :) Love your SOOC shots, esp. the one of the acorns.
ReplyDelete