Wednesday, February 2, 2011

December 29 - Defining Moment / December 30 - Gift / December 31 - Core Story

And one last one.  This is it!



December 29 – Defining Moment
Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year.
When I reach back to last year, I see little dots:  we decided to start trying to get pregnant, we decided to buy a house, I took my test for my license.  And then a big one:  I started running.  I got my license.  I didn't get pregnant.  We didn't buy a house.  This year has been one of big decisions that seemed to go nowhere, and little ones that made a huge impact in the path of our lives.  I can feel the ripples begin to change this year, and the change in direction.

I've been looking over my blog, and can see tangible changes in this space too.  I created my own header and gradually have started to put together an online "identity."  I started making images bigger and better.  I've been taking more photos, and those are getting better as I learn more.  I am working on how I say the things I say...but I want to get better at that.  And slowly, slowly, I am building up community.



December 30 – Gift
This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year?
In fairness, I will list one tangible and one emotional.  I've mentioned before the gift of being listened to - this one is one I can never repay.  And my Christmas gift of a camera...to be so supported in the things that make me feel good inside...thank you.




December 31 – Core Story
What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? (Bonus: Consider your reflections from this month. Look through them to discover a thread you may not have noticed until today.)
How the you-know-what do you answer a question like this?  I don't know what my central story is.  But I've been thinking a lot about how this blog has been really helpful in pulling it all together.  I am finding a way to balance and carry all these pieces of myself, and bring them together into a more cohesive whole.  I'm also becoming less afraid of putting together my thoughts and sharing them.  And I've been able to create and be creative.

So, the core story?  I'm a person on a journey to figure out who I am and how to best use my talents to do a little good, feel a little good, and maybe make some use of this life.  I've battled many inner demons, I've learned that I need community, that I will crash and burn if I don't carefully stoke my inner fire, that I love documenting and observing the world, that I'm terrible at finishing projects but am growing better at it, that I can sort through all my feelings and can handle them, and that I have a voice and things to say. 

More tools to help plan the year ahead:
How to Budget for an Irregular Income
Lifehacker’s Free Tools to Manage New Years Resolutions
Gretchen Rubin’s Questions to Help You Make Effective New Year’s Resolutions.
Susannah Conway’s Allowing Dreams

I'm done!  Next year:  I will do these on time.  Seriously.

Join Here:  Reflect on this year & manifest what's next

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails